Anakin Anakin

Not bad, been a while since I listened to a...

track like this. I enjoyed listening to your song, even though it doesn't fit into the "mainstream" definition of music. The people who gave you bad marks are the same people who would have rioted during the premier of Stravinsky's Rite of Spring. Unfortunately they seem to think that they have a monopoly on music.
Anyways, I did enjoy the song, despite its abstract style. I gave you a 7, rather than a higher score because while I appreciated the song, it still wasn't exactly enjoyable beyond novelty. Peace out, keep makin tunes.

doctormario responds:

Don't worry about me. I don't even care what I think. :)

I Got Construction Boots I Got Construction Boots

This was the perfect thing to wake to!

I loved this bro! God it was funny, it was especially cause I know some people like this :) Hilarious!

Exquisite Corpse 1 Exquisite Corpse 1

This was pretty cool.

A very neat idea for a community experiment! It turned out well considering that all of the parts written independently. Like someone else said, the Fried Chicken thing was a little... I don't know, lame I guess, but it didn't exactly ruin it in my opinion. I do think that the idea was pretty cool, and the adventure was probably worth it. I think you should further develop the ideas that are present to get a real home run!

Symphony of Dreams Symphony of Dreams

Soothing and Beautiful, Excellent New Age Ensemble

Like many submissions on this site, this would not be out of place in a beautiful movie. However unlike many submissions, it stands well on it's own too. Listening to this song really painted an emotional picture, which is no small feat. It told a story, and it used no words or cheesy sound effects. Props!

Semaphore responds:

SyTeQ - Ancient forest SyTeQ - Ancient forest

Very nice.

I was very relaxed while listening to this, which was kinda a wonder since I just got done lifting weights and was kinda tensed up. Needless to say, I enjoyed it, just as your comment suggested :) The choice of sounds was very good, helped the calm aesthetic. If I had any criticism, it would be the drums. They didn't sound bad or anything, they were just kind of... unoriginal i guess. Not that I'm trying to be down on you, it was a good song. I just think maybe using something a little more abstract for the rhythm section might be in order. Just a thought.

SyTeQ responds:

Thank you for feedback!!

i try to make more variations into beat in the future :)

SyTeQ

Forever Gamer Forever Gamer

Awesome!!!

Always good to see good gaming songs! Unfortunately, I don't have any feedback for you, but fortunately it is because the song was so good.

Sentimental Mood (Soprano Sax) Sentimental Mood (Soprano Sax)

Sweeeeeetttttttt....

It was really good dude, put me in a nice relaxed mood, and as you mention in your description, it had a bit of a romantic feel.
I think that a little more emphasis and... emotion (i guess) would have helped in some places, but it was pretty good as is. It works this way, I just felt like the ending part should have had a bit more expression.
Peace, mate.

++ Long Walk Home ++ ++ Long Walk Home ++

This is one of those rare songs, that is just pro.

I L<3VE this song. so very emotional, so very heartfelt. So beautiful. You said you just got some decent software, please tell me what it is. Is it sampled, or is it a VST? Or maybe even a smaple based VST... I must know.

climbing through the hole climbing through the hole

Wtf?

First off, great song, though NOTHING like Linkin Park. I liked it very much and would also like to see the piano develop more later on in the song and become more involved. The sound effects were excellent, mood fitting, ambient, pretty much anything you'd want. My opinion on the start-stop drums would be to remove the breaks from them, lower the volume, and add some reverb and delay. That would make them more... ambient i guess which would fit the song better in my opinion. The general lack of a melody also hurt a bit, but industrial tracks are famous for going without, though the off-tune piano would have worked nicely. ANyways, enjoyed, DLed.

snayk responds:

Yeah, I really like the sound of the piano as well, but I didn't quite know where to go with it alone, which is what brought the song to where it is. I get what you're saying about the lack of melody, but it's always there, which is a lot better than I can say about some of my other songs.

I actually quite like the hectic drums -- as with most of my songs, it provides a huge contrast. I love doing that stuff, and I'm pleased with the way this track turned out.

Glad you liked it. Thanks for the review!

Windstorm Windstorm

Quite good but...

It didn't exactly draw me in. I did listen to the end, but only because you requested it, if you hadn't I wouldnt have listened very far. The song is good, that is for sure, but it doesn't really draw the listener into it.

gregaaron89 responds:

Thanks for giving it a chance, and thanks for your input. This one's kind of ambient, with some trance, dance and drum n bass influences. I tried to make the beat and the synths give it more energy, but the overall mood is supposed to be calming. Next one will be more heavy and straightforward :D I'm exploring genres.